for the Clerk III, Claims Sort/Mailroom (2:55 PM - 11:30 PM) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Clerk III, Claims Sort/Mailroom (2:55 PM - 11:30 PM)
Madison - WPS
This role provides clerical services in opening, identifying, prepping and sorting all incoming mail/documents for all lines of business and contracts in order to bring them under initial control within a strict timeframe.
Characteristics and Responsibilities
- Perform various clerical tasks requiring some diversity and application of several established procedures.
- Pull rejected claims as indicated on Reject Reports by locating appropriate batches and searching for identified claim numbers.
- Perform final check to ensure all rejected claims have been removed utilizing computer application and visual verification that identified claims are not included in batches.
- Open, identify, sort and route non-claim documents to the appropriate departments.
- Open, identify, sort and distribute all incoming mail based on division and department.
- Identify, sort and prep all claims according to document type, scanning needs and guidelines for multiple contracts.
- Identify and prep claims for OCR scanning according to established guidelines.
- Identify and prep specified internal and external departmental non-claim documents in proper order according to established guidelines.
- Use computer to obtain additional claim/document information as needed.
- Use computer to navigate/search the training manual for procedures.
- Use computer to address and send system-customized letters to beneficiaries and providers as required.
- Identify and return claims/documents to providers/beneficiaries or other contractors for resubmission as needed.
- Provide a variety of daily statistics for inventory reporting purposes.
- Perform basic, routine equipment maintenance, including, but not limited to the automated mail opening equipment.
- Meet department requirements for quality based on weekly audits and quantity performance against reasonable expectancy (RE).
- Anticipate, participate and make recommendations in changing conditions.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Sort and file daily and weekly productions sheets, as needed.
- Batch and dispatch claims/documents according to specified divisional guidelines.
- Empty recycle bins into locked containers.
- Deliver buckets of sorted/prepped claims/documents utilizing carts as needed.
- Maintain an organized workspace while keeping supplies stocked.
- Comply with System security requirements contained in the WPS Information Systems Policy which include the appropriate use of hardware and software and ensuring confidentiality of assigned password(s).
- Comply with all WPS policies and procedures, which include maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience using personal computer with basic keyboarding skill.
- High school diploma or equivalent
No job matches. Start a new search below!