for the Associate Product Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Associate Product Engineer
Boulder - Medtronic
ASSOCIATE ADVANCED MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Careers that Change Lives
Help streamline and speed our time to market and build quality in at every step. You will be a member of the new product development team that supports the design and development of innovative, new products within the Surgical Innovations business. You can apply advanced technical concepts to complex problems from concept generation through early phase development.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the development of production equipment for new products. The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is expected to have the appropriate background and experience in both Computer Aided Design (CAD) and the discipline area in which responsible. It is expected that the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is capable of carrying out job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Development of assembly and test equipment required for new products
- Participate in all project meetings and cross functional team meetings
- Interpret, plan and develop technical and financial specifications of prototype and production assembly equipment
- Lead Design for Assembly (DFA) analysis, develop Equipment Strategies and timelines
- Design assembly equipment fixtures using 3D CAD
- Perform assembly equipment design reviews and approvals
- Manage vendor adherence to Equipment specifications
- Oversee manufacturing and qualification of assembly equipment
- Manage Factory and Site Acceptance Testing activity, providing assembly equipment documentation, engineering reports and validation protocols.
- Adhere to Environmental Health and Safety policy and procedures
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- Mechanical Design Experience
- Automation Design Experience
- Product Development Experience
- Proficiency in 3D CAD
Nice to Have
- Experience in applying machining and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge and application of assembly equipment techniques
- Experience in machine design and controls
- Experience in Lean Design and Manufacturing
- Experience in Risk Management and design verification
- Experience in process control and validation
- Mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to perform engineering analyses and reporting
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
No job matches. Start a new search below!