for the Systems Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Northridge - Medtronic
Careers That Change Lives
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our systems engineering team at Medtronic Diabetes. You will have responsibility supporting our products throughout the entire development life cycle which means you'll participate in all aspects of product development from concept exploration, system definition & design, testing, issue investigation & resolution, and continuous improvement. You will play a crucial role in driving projects through the product development process using your solid engineering understanding, energetic team attitude, results driven spirit, and focused attention on exceling when presented with challenges.
The Diabetes Group is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care, and improving outcomes; so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
Intensive Insulin Management Business serves the needs of those with type 1 diabetes and those who use intensive insulin regimens with type 2 diabetes. This business unit is our history and our heritage, and where we have offered a comprehensive approach to improve outcomes and care.
Click here to see an overview of one of our newest launched product - the 670g insulin pump system.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
- You will support requirements capture, maintenance and management at varying levels of details. You will serve as the team's information conduit between the stakeholders, development teams and V&V groups.
- Using your collaboration skills; you will work across engineering teams to define and manage requirements at the system, product, subsystem and interface level
- We'll ask you to apply technical engineering to design products and systems.
- You'll also perform technical analysis using methods such as functional analysis, timeline analysis and trade studies.
- You'll have responsibility to support the development of product concepts, user needs and use cases and product requirements.
- You will conduct project design and test reviews.
- You'll also lead, plan, schedule, conduct & monitor testing activities including verification test design, development, execution and documentation\
- We'll ask you to support testing and problem reporting and determine steps to reproduce, root cause and solutions options
- Overall, you will contribute to the completion of project/program deliverables for our product development activities supporting the IIM product portfolio
Nice to Have:
Ideally we'd love you to have one or more of the following:
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel up to 10-15% may be required.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
No job matches. Start a new search below!