for the Sr. Data Engineer - 4409 position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr. Data Engineer - 4409
Beaverton - DAT
DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP), is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Data Sciences team in Beaverton, Oregon.
DAT Solutions has a Data Sciences team who are charged with creating an environment at DAT where data is treated as a critical business asset. Data Engineers are part of the Data Science team and report to the Data Engineering Manager.
Our Data Engineers are responsible for designing, building and maintaining solutions that address a wide variety of data objectives – from traditional business intelligence to supply data needed to build sophisticated models which will become part of our products.
Our Data Engineers are responsible for:
- Working closely with product teams and data scientists to determining how to capture, persist and maintain data.
- Building distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale with ever diminishing time processing windows.
- Identifying opportunities in our data landscape where we need additional data and how we might store it
- Identifying and making recommendations on data storage solutions using alternate technologies and persistence solutions (cloud vs on-premise)
- Serve as resource for the Data Sciences team to include new data into their analysis environment
The role we are currently looking to fill will originally be focused on building data transformation processes to fill our data warehouse ecosystem using Oracle.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with Oracle (preferred) or Hive, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL and data transformation skills
- Strong performance and tuning skills
- Experience with Oracle Partitioning and Advanced Compression desired
- 5 years experience writing ETL/ELT with a tool such as Informix, Data Stage, RED
- Experience building large data stores, modern data warehouse, or advanced data processing solutions, data partitioning
- Experience in tuning for better performance, troubleshooting data quality problems
- Familiarity with sqlldr or Sqoop
- Unix shell scripting
- Experience with Java software development
No job matches. Start a new search below!