for the Quality Auditor position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Dallas - Trinity Industries, Inc.
Technical Spec/Skilled Trade 1703874 Requisition # 16 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns a variety of market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the industrial, energy, transportation, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity's businesses provide capital goods and services ranging from railcars to barges, construction materials to propane tanks, highway guardrail to structural wind towers, railcar parts to crash cushions, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity's vision is to be a premier, multi-industry growth company that generates superior earnings and returns for its shareholders, and to offer a safe, productive and challenging work environment for our employees.
Trinity Corporate is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Analyst Quality Control Insp in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America.
In this role, you will ensure that quality products are designed, engineered and manufactured by Trinity. You will develop and implement programs and processes to ensure that Trinity products are safe, legal, and meet or exceed customer expectations for compliance with national/regional/global regulations. You will manage Quality/Quality Assurance personnel and activities in support of business objectives
- Engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability
- Effectively create and communicate test/audit procedures; maintain documentation of results; and consult with Department Directors and other personnel in resolution of problems
- Hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with the Company's policies.
- Perform internal audits as required by the AISC, AAR, ISO 9001:2015, and ASME.
- Ensure that the Quality Manual is properly maintained and report changes in standards (both internally and externally initiated) and performance against standards
- Promote and act upon employees' ideas for improvements in areas of quality, safety and work environment
- Minimum of three years of experience as a first level operating manager including demonstrated competencies in talent identification and development, coaching and mentoring
- Minimum of two years of experience as a quality auditor within the steel fabrication or similar manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Certified by the Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Manager of Quality/Operational Excellence(CMQ/OE).
- Current or past certification as AWS Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) preferred
- Knowledge of the ASME and/or American Welding Society Codes (D1.1 and D15)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with emphasis in Excel
- Experience with ERP/MRP manufacturing software
- Must be familiar with a wide range of equipment and tools used in steel manufacturing, and have the ability to read and understand drawings, work orders, safety rules, and various manuals
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (domestically and internationally)
No job matches. Start a new search below!