for the Clinical Lab Scientist - Microbiology - Per Diem, Evenings, 8hr position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Clinical Lab Scientist - Microbiology - Per Diem, Evenings, 8hr
Orange - St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Under the direction of a Supervisor, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) utilizes professional knowledge, skills and judgment to perform a variety of technical, clerical, physical and quality assurance functions. The CLS works independently and serves as a resource, and oversees the work of the Sr Lab Assistants.
**This is a per diem position primarily needed for weekend, vacation, and holiday coverage. Microbiology experience required.**
- BS / BA degree in Science.
- Current California State License for Clinical Laboratory Scientist (generalist or specialist as applicable).
- ASCP certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
- 1 or more (1+) years of experience.
- Maintains technical knowledge sufficient to respond to needs within department.
- Ability to interpret test results.
- Ability to problem solve within scope of training.
- Ability to perform intermediate computer functions.
Ability to interact with other healthcare staff members in a professional courteous manner and demonstrates good communication / telephone skills.
Ability to understand and communicate in oral and written English.
Ability to follow directions regarding assigned tasks, dealing with priority tasks first, then complete remaining tasks within the established time frames.
Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain a pace appropriate to the workload.
No job matches. Start a new search below!