for the Pharmacy Technician - Per Diem, Nights, 8hr position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Pharmacy Technician - Per Diem, Nights, 8hr
Orange - St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the technician assists the pharmacist in all aspects of the departmental operation. Duties and responsibilities include the filling and maintenance of the unit-dose, patient medication cassettes, IV admixture, floor stock, and drug inventory systems. Performs relevant tasks including repackaging, compounding, record keeping, billing, clerical functions, an other tasks as assigned. Participates in quality assurance and performance improvement activities, and departmental education and training. Maintains departmental standards and translates policies and procedures into the daily practice. The pharmacy technician reports directly to the pharmacist on duty and indirectly to a supervisor or manager.
**Hospital experience is required**
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current, valid Pharmacy technician certificate from the state of California
- Experience as a pharmacy technician in a health care setting
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification
- **Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred**
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws, technician’s scopes of practice, role and functions of a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of proper aseptic techniques.
- Must possess basic typing skills and have experience working with computers.
- Knowledge of basic drug terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, and basic pharmacology.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
No job matches. Start a new search below!