for the Junior Web Designer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Junior Web Designer
Northlake - Empire Today LLC
Our overall mission is simple. We want Empire Today to be the place where our customers can have beautiful floors, made easy. Empire Today is one of the leaders in both residential and commercial installed flooring. We provide customers with options of name brand tile, wood, carpet, and window treatments, to name a few. With your help, Empire Today will continue to enable people to enhance the appearance of their home or business in the easiest way possible.
Empire Today’s Marketing & Media team promotes our business and drives sales of our products and services. Our department is responsible for acquiring new leads and prospects through television, online pay-per-click, digital, social, and affiliate marketing campaigns. The team manages the strategy, media buying, execution, and optimization across channels. We also own the creative, messaging, and delivery of our message to target consumers, and giving consumers a reason to believe in our brands.
- Empire Today has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Junior Web Designer to support multiple brands within the Marketing Department. The Junior Web Designer’s primary responsibilities will be to the create website design, digital marketing graphics, to use design to improve user experience in all areas, and increase conversions.
- Use web design best practices to conceptualize and design web and mobile graphics that deliver a high-quality user experience to drive conversions -focusing on well-deigned and mobile-optimized web pages.
- Ability to identify UI changes to test (A/B testing), assist in analyzing results from user and A/B tests, and translate test findings into working designs.
- Utilize a disciplined approach to designing and reviews.
- Maintain the brand identity and guidelines for Empire Today and the respective brands.
- Collaborate with web developers, product managers, and other team members to develop requirements, define conceptual ideas, and plan digital design projects.
- Build and manage digital style guides and assets (fonts, color, buttons, etc.).
- Performs other functions as necessary or assigned.
The Junior Web Designer will report to the Marketing Director.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Web Design, Interface Design, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing for websites, including concepts/wire frames, and style guides that reflect usability.
- Extensive knowledge of responsive mobile web design and user experience best practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong ability to communicate via visual and verbal media.
- Strong project management skills; and ability to work well within a team environment and individually.
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Understanding of Web Accessibility Guidelines (e.g. WCAG, Section 508) a plus.
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML a plus.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick online enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan with a dollar for dollar match up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
No job matches. Start a new search below!