for the Information Security Risk Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Information Security Risk Manager
Great Neck - First Quality
First Quality Enterprises, Inc. (FQE), founded in 1988, is a global multi-billion dollar privately held company with over 4,200 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China. FQE is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. FQE focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, FQE is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Information Security Risk Manager for our First Quality Enterprises business. This position will be located in Great Neck, NY.
This position is responsible for information security risk management across the First Quality Enterprises. This role is responsible for defining and maturing the 2nd line of defense (First Quality’s Information Security Risk Management Program) by providing assurances to management on the overall security posture of the organization. This includes support of technologies, processes and user training & awareness. This position has several principle responsibilities as outlined below. This position reports to the Director of Information Security Strategy and Governance.
The Information Security Risk Manager will be tasked with identifying key requirements for a successful risk management program. The manager will identify First Quality’s top 10 risks and lead the implementation of a GRC tool. The manager will perform IS self- assessments and manage the remediation/mitigation of identified risks. The Information Security Risk Manager will work alongside the Director of Information Security Strategy and Governance and other team members to create a more formal program. The Manager will be responsible for reviewing and escalating issues and shall ensure sound security practices are built into the program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Mature the Information Security Risk Management Program by identifying threats and risks to the organization
- Meet with business stakeholders to define First Quality’s top 10 security risks
- Define an IS risk register and work to remediate or mitigate risks
- Develop and drive the implementation of security best practices and standards to mature the overall IS Risk Management Program which includes defining security controls
- Directly responsible for the implementation of a GRC tool which includes mapping of applicable policies to controls
- Directly responsible for IS self-assessments to ensure systems and applications are complying with First Quality policies, applicable regulatory and legal requirements, and leading industry practices
- Drive appropriate stakeholder participation in evaluation of risk and control effectiveness
- Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)for the Data Governance Security Program and initiatives
- Maintain expertise on security trends through training and research to ensure potential security exposures can be mitigated
- Liaise with key functional teams such as HR, IT, Digital Strategy, Finance, Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk, Quality, Office of General Counsel and the Business to identify new applications and service providers in use and the associated security controls to secure the data
- Work with the Office of General Counsel to ensure the Information Security team stays abreast of new regulatory, legal and/or compliance data security requirements
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- B.Sc. in a technology discipline (Computer Science, Information Management, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or equivalent); Security certifications such as CompTIA Security +, CISSP, CISA, CCNA or equivalent or working towards certification is preferred
- 5 - 7 years’ experience working directly in an Information Security or Information Technology department with experience in developing or managing Risk Management Programs
- Experience in designing and implementing technical solutions for data security, including GRC tools us such as Archer, Risk Vision, ServiceNow GRC,
- Familiarity with Windows OS and network vulnerabilities, server and database
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to lead discussions, present complex ideas to audiences of all sizes, and interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of the following frameworks and regulations: ISO 27001/2, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, ISF Standard of Good Practice, HIPAA
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and a work approach that supports flexibility and adaptability is paramount
- Ability to communicate security risks to non-technical business stakeholders
- Big 4 experience a plus
- IT internal audit experience a plus
- Occasional travel: Up to 15%
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
Equal Opportunity Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!