for the Ultrasound Technologist - Per Diem, Days, 10hr position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Ultrasound Technologist - Per Diem, Days, 10hr
Orange - St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Under the general supervision of the Ultrasound Supervisor, and guidance of the Lead Technologist, the US Technologist will perform a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound procedures as requested. The technologist will also perform any job-related functions (clerical, transportation, training and cleaning), as needed to provide optimal patient care while maintaining hospital values.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- MUST be a graduate of a CAAHEP-accredited diagnostic medical sonography program.
- If not, must be a graduate of a diagnostic medical sonography or ultrasound program and MUST have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a high volume acute care setting.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Certified – RDMS certified in Abdomen and/or OB/GYN. The applicant is expected to obtain certification in the alternate (Abdomen or OB/GYN) subspecialty within 12 months of date of hire.
- Recent Graduates – RDMS certified in both Abdomen and OB/GYN within 18 months of date of hire.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited ultrasound program and RDMS certified in both Abdomen and OB/GYN.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound procedures in a high volume acute-care setting.
- Computer skills.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to function in an environment that includes varying, unpredictable or crisis circumstances while exercising appropriate interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Medical terminology.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Technical skills including proper scanning techniques and selection of technical factors.
No job matches. Start a new search below!