for the Sr. Laboratory Assistant, S2 - Full time, Evenings, 8hr position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr. Laboratory Assistant, S2 - Full time, Evenings, 8hr
Orange - St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Under the direction and supervision of the Division Supervisor, the Lab Assistant III ensures accurate and timely drawing, receipt, centrifugation, and delivery of laboratory specimens to appropriate departments and reference labs. Staff duties include specimen collection, receiving, accessioning, processing, and loading specimens on instruments and basic instrument maintenance that does not require clinical judgment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One or more (1+) years as a Phlebotomist or Lab Assistant performing blood specimen collections, specimen processing, centrifuging and handling send out specimens to other Laboratories and/or experience in working in a laboratory division.
- Current California State Certificate for a Certified Phlebotomy Technician l (CPT1) is required.
- American Heart Association BLS card is required.
- Two or more (2+) years of experience in blood specimen collections.
- Two or more (2+) years of experience performing specimen processing, centrifuging and handling send out specimens to other laboratories, or working in a laboratory division.
- Ability to perform blood specimen collections on infants, children and adults.
- Ability to perform basic computer keyboard data entry.
- Ability to problem solve within scope of training.
- Ability to interact with other healthcare staff members in a professional courteous manner demonstrates good communication / telephone skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate in oral and written English.
- Ability to follow directions regarding assigned tasks, dealing with priority tasks first, then complete remaining tasks within the established time frames.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain a pace appropriate to the workload.
No job matches. Start a new search below!