for the Operations Research Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Operations Research Analyst
Quantico - ANSER
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The ideal candidate will conduct organized analytical assessments and evaluations to understand and/or evaluate complex issues to inform decision making, policy development, system development, management, or administration of client processes. He or she performs studies, analyses, and evaluations across a wide variety of domains and provides recommendations to client organizations to improve the organization’s mission performance and supports development and execution of programs to implement solutions.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The Operations Research Analyst provides research and analytic support to a Federal agency. This includes providing professional advice to conceive, develop and implement decision and risk analysis tools to formulate threat-driven, risk-informed analysis and business cases. The ORA serves as a subject matter expert in theory and application of cutting edge data science and mathematical modeling techniques that form the foundation of a risk assessment and response/mitigation strategies. Additionally, the ORA builds relationships at all levels of the organization and across external Government agencies in order to socialize and promote capabilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced degree in Operations Research or Statistics.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must have:
- A Master’s degree (or higher level degree) in Operations Research or Statistics
- 20 years combined/balanced experience in program/project management and operations research (preferably in a leadership position)
- An active SECRET security clearance with an ability to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance
- Excellent risk management experience including both risk assessment and risk response
- The ability to identify and support opportunities, develop initiatives, and support these activities by providing solutions in a complex, dynamic operating environment
- Experience developing and evaluating organizational metrics, and the ability to develop and communicate subsequent courses of action for these to influence and improve organizational performance
The following skills or experience are desirable:
- Experience in the Defense Security Enterprise such as Industrial Security, Information Security, Personnel Security, Physical Security or Operations Security
- Relevant professional certifications/certificates
- Demonstrated experience writing technical, persuasive, strategic planning, evaluation, and analytic documents
- Strong formal and information briefing and persuasive skills
- Ability to use SharePoint as a collaborative tool
- Excellent team and customer relationship skills
Please note, this is a contingent position.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with ANSER, please call 703-416-2000 or e-mail Recruiting@anser.org
An Affirmative Action
Equal Opportunity Employer
M / F / D / V
No job matches. Start a new search below!