for the Sr Speech/Language Pathologist (Outpatient) - Part time, Days, 8hr position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sr Speech/Language Pathologist (Outpatient) - Part time, Days, 8hr
Orange - St. Joseph Hospital of Orange
Provides direct patient care services that includes evaluation, assessment, treatment planning based on the functional needs of the patient, program development, evaluation of the response to care and readjustment of the treatment plan as required. Plans and provides patient, family, peer and community education and coordinates services with other health care professionals including interaction with physicians responsible for the care of the patient.
**Seeking individual with several years of hospital experience to grow our Outpatient program**
- Commensurate with the educational requirements needed to successfully pursue a license as a Speech Pathologist in the State of California.
- At least four (4) months experience in providing direct patient care. Internships are acceptable to meet this requirement.
- Current and valid license as a speech-language pathologist issued by the State of California, or written permission granted by the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board of California, which allows the applicant to perform as a speech-language pathologist.
- A certificate of completion of training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Class C) which has been completed withing the last two (2) years (the Hospital may require a one year certification).
- Training in Dysphagia Evauation procedures required to perform a Modified Barium Swallow Study is preferred.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish, Vietnamese).
- Six months experience in any capacity in an acute care hospital is preferred.
- Six months experience as an employee in a speech therapy environment is preferred.
- Graduate of an ASHA accredited school of speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Competent in Sign Language.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
- Computer literacy in Windows applications.
- Knowledge of applicable statutes of the Ethical Code of the American Speech & Hearing Association.
- Ability to lead and delegate responsibilities.
No job matches. Start a new search below!