for the Slip Sheet Forklift Operator - 1st & 2nd Shift position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Slip Sheet Forklift Operator - 1st & 2nd Shift
Joliet - Saddle Creek Logistics Services
Join a rapidly growing, family-owned company as we expand into our new Joliet warehouse! Be part of our exciting environment and contribute toward building a highly successful operations team. You will work in a brand new facility and be part of a unique culture that supports the individual while promoting a close-knit, team atmosphere.
We are currently looking for Slip Sheet Operators to work on 1st shift (7:00AM - 3:30PM + OT) OR 2nd shift (3:30PM - Midnight) + OT) in our Joliet, IL warehouse.
Job Description Summary
Our Slip Sheet Forklift Operators are responsible for loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting of products into and out of a distribution center/warehouse. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively with other associates and productively with little supervision. Following company safety policies and procedures is of great importance to this position. Upon completion of training and certification a Warehouse Associate may drive gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, clamp and slip sheet attachments, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials/pallets by performing the following duties. Some associates will operate stand-up fork lift and will also perform case pick order pulling.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same
• Safely operates forklift and/or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, staging, and transporting products
• Works cooperatively and productively with supervisors and other associates in order to complete tasks
• Arranges cartons on pallets keeping in mind size, weight, height, etc.
• Loads trucks keeping in mind cubic weight, size and characteristics (i.e., easily crushable,) in mind
• Works productively (i.e., receiving products, picking products, etc.) with little supervision
• Provides and inspires outstanding service to customers (i.e., stores, etc.) by maintaining attention to detail and completing assigned work in a timely manner.
• Maintains condition of Distribution Center and/or warehouse work area (I.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc)
• Additional duties as assigned by distribution center or warehouse management
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Flexibility in the area of shift availability if preferred.
Must be eighteen years of age or older
Must have at least 3 year warehouse experience and 2 years experience on a forklift (Slip Sheet required).
Must have experience with RF systems
Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Must be able to work in a fast pace/high volume environment
Must be willing to work overtime on short notice
Must be able to pass a drug test
Must be able to pass a background investigation
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
Complete benefits package: medical/dental/vision/life insurance
401k with company match
16 hours vacation immediately, 2 weeks after 1 year
40 hours personal time after 90 days
No job matches. Start a new search below!