Milwaukee - The Marcus Corporation
JOB TITLE Cook Level II
DEPARTMENT Culinary/Food and Beverage
SUPERVISOR Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and Restaurant Chef
POSITION PURPOSE Responsible for maintaining and setting up food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings, and other food items prepared in a specific station.
1. Prepare all station specific food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspect, select and use only food items ideal for the preparation of menu items.
2. Check and control the proper storage of product (stocks and sauces needing special attention), and portion control size.
3. Keep all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
4. Ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and sanitized and in proper working condition.
5. Prepare requisition for supplies and food items for production in the workstation. Read and employ math skills to appropriately prepare item according to recipes.
6. Maintain high quality level of food production and presentation.
7. Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and personal hygiene.
8. Responsible for set up station, breakdown, and all necessary advance prep.
9. Put all food away that has been requisitioned from storeroom.
10. Prepare all food items according to recipe specifications.
11. Ensure coolers are cleaned, organized and locked after work is finished.
12. Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
2. Lifting, pushing, or pulling weights up to 100 pounds.
3. Standing for long periods.
4. Working in confined work area with high levels of noise and frequent interruptions.
5. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
6. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
7. High school diploma preferred.
8. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
9. Cooking experience required 1-2 years in a similar position.
10. Ability to obtain any local, state or federal license or certification for sanitation, liquor service, or food service certification.
No job matches. Start a new search below!