for the Direct Sales Associate position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Direct Sales Associate
Glen Ellen - The Wine Group
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
The Direct Sales Associate is a part-time position under the direction of the Direct Sales Manager, and is based at Benziger Winery in Glen Ellen, CA, and is responsible for being a proactive part of the winery direct sales and wine club team. Responsibilities include customer service via telephone and email, wine club sales, data entry, wine club support, and other administrative tasks. Provides best in class customer service and interfaces with customers on a daily basis. The position requires flexibility must be willing to work occasional after hours for wine club events. In the summer months the position will be asked to work as a sales associate at the Benziger tasting room and/or the Imagery tasting room.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Generate sales through in-bound calls and emails. Leverage customer service interactions into selling opportunities
- Provide best in class customer service and sales to customers through the Direct Marketing department
- Resolve customer issues regarding shipments and wine club experiences, including making special arrangements, in a mature and professional manner
- Nurture customer relationships through phone and email channels. Gather insight from customer interaction to help develop new products, services and customer benefits.
- Serve as liaison between the Direct Marketing Department and the tasting room; ensuring high quality customer service for our shared customers
- Maintain log of customer contacts and ongoing customer data maintenance
- Contribute creative ideas for sales promotions, club acquisition, retention strategies and future club benefits
- Project a professional company image through in-person, phone and email interaction
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of two years in customer service or marketing experience or minimum of two years in direct to consumer wine experience
- Knowledge of the wine industry a plus
- Previous wine club experience a plus
- Ability to work weekends, weekdays, holidays and some evenings
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, the Internet and computer aptitude
- Ability to learn new software
- Discretion with confidential information
- Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Work independently within set guidelines
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No job matches. Start a new search below!