for the Occupational Therapy Assistant - Rehab Outpatient Dept. / Full time / Day Shift position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Occupational Therapy Assistant - Rehab Outpatient Dept. / Full time / Day Shift
Fullerton - St. Jude Medical Center
Role and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and consultative supervision of the Occupational Therapy Professional Practice Manager, this Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant is responsible for providing direct patient care in collaboration with the primary Occupational Therapist, which includes assisting with data collection, development of treatment goals, and implementation of the intervention plan while adapting the environment according to patient’s needs. The COTA maintains records and documents according to facility and professional standards. This Occupational Therapy Practitioner follows an individualized performance development plan to maintain current and competent in critical areas and support program goals, hospital goals and objectives, hospital functions and philosophy.
· Contribute to evaluations by assisting with data collection, following defined protocols
for performing factual standardized assessments and reporting factual data both orally
and in writing.
· Collaborate with primary OTR regarding patient treatment plan and goals.
· Implement individualized and group treatment intervention under direction of OTR by
providing specified purposeful activities and therapeutic methods that are meaningful to
the patient. Recognize the need to modify the intervention to reflect changes in
client’s status, desires and response to intervention.
· Complete all required documentation according to program standards, reflecting
patient centered care by relating interventions to established goals and justifying skilled
· Contribute to discharge planning to facilitate a smooth transition to next level of care;
develop and teach home program instruction, perform caregiver training and
collaborate with OTR for referrals to appropriate follow-up resources.
· Meet productivity level as established by program.
· Maintain treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
· Supervise students and interns as assigned.
· Contribute ideas to program development; participate in program development, as appropriate.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy professional program or comparable education approved by the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- Current and valid certificate as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant issued by the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Certification of completion of training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Class C)-BLS.
- Must be able to perform at established guidelines for program specific requirements.
- High level of competence in computers and computer applications is required. Highly desire someone who is Multilingual.
- AOTA/OTAC membership is preferred.
No job matches. Start a new search below!