for the Spacecraft Simulation Software Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Spacecraft Simulation Software Engineer
Palo Alto - Space Systems/Loral, LLC
Due to the nature of our business, SSL has export control and security sensitivities that require all of our employees to be a United States Citizen, Permanent Resident of the United States, an Asylee, or a Refugee. SSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Engineer needed to aid in the design and implementation of software applications used in the spacecraft operations domain -- simulators, flight dynamics software, and payload management software.
- Designing and implementing models of spacecraft components and/or subsytems for all-software spacecraft simulators and payload management/test software
- Writing and performing unit, integration and system-level tests on software applications
- Minor computer hardware assembly
- Presenting highly technical material to technical personnel and management
- Supporting orbit-raising activities
- On-site hardware/software installation and product training
- Willing to travel 2-3 times per years to various locations world-wide
BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Aerospace Engineering, or related disciplines.
- 10+ years of scientific programming experience in at least one high-level object-oriented language such as C++ or JAVA
- 1+ years in spacecraft operations, design or testing a plus
- Familiarity with FORTRAN a plus
- Experience with the software-development life-cycle a plus
- Proven strong mathematical skills, particularly numerical analysis methods and linear algebra
- Proven strong debugging and trouble-shooting skills
- Proficiency with software compilers and other software development tools
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
No job matches. Start a new search below!