for the Electrical Maintenance Mechanic 1st shift position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Electrical Maintenance Mechanic 1st shift
Omaha - Omaha Steaks
Unique Career Opportunity!
- The job is a mechanical position with preferable motion control and troubleshooting experience (the electrical aspect of the job). Equipment set up, equipment performance, trouble shooting, repairs, preventative maintenance. Building maintenance and repair are also part of the job. Our customer is the production crew. We keep them in business with minimal downtime and respond to their needs.
- We foster a team environment, utilize mechanical/electrical strengths and at times help out at other facilities. We value employee experience and input.
- We have created a well-respected, nationwide brand based on our outstanding, wholesome products and our exceptional customer service. That makes for a great customer interaction and something our employees are very proud to be a part of.
- Despite being the nation's best known brand of beef and the largest direct marketer of seafood, we're small enough that your contribution can make a real difference.
- The owners and the management team genuinely care about every employee. So, when it comes to things like employee safety, health care, educational assistance and wellness, we lead the way. We treat our employees with the same respect we have for our customers.
- Performs regular maintenance functions, sets up machines and prepares machines/equipment for operation. Verifies equipment functioning properly before returning to production. Completes required work order.
- Initiates & performs preventive maintenance measures on building and equipment in order to maintain proper working order and prevent breakdowns. Completes all work orders and checks out parts.
- Responds to maintenance calls/requests in a timely manner with minimal supervision. Dismantles equipment/machines and makes proper repair. Verifies corrections before task or job is complete. Responds with personnel via two way radio.
- Performs electrical trouble shooting of production equipment and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs various chemical tests, QA and safety work orders or PMs.
- Inspects boilers/engine room equipment for proper operation. Notifies supervisor or makes corrections to equipment.
- Two year college degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering or trade school is a plus.
- 2 years' training in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and skill in basic HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, electronics and carpentry.
- Third Grade Stationary Engineer Certificate required within 2 years of hire.
- Continued education in an approved maintenance related field is required every 3 years.
- Working knowledge of multi-meters checks voltage, amps, ohms excels low voltage trouble shooting. Works with electrical drawings/schematics.
- Knowledge of plant machinery and preventative maintenance methods. Ability to identify equipment malfunctions and safety hazards.
- Certified to use forklift and power jack equipment and able to operate a variety of power equipment.
- Knowledge and skill of commercial refrigeration or industrial plumbing and electrical systems, structural heating and A/C and boiler operations. Services, repairs, adjusts, and tests machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principles.
- Ability to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to train and oversee the work of the maintenance mechanic I position.
- This is a full-time, first shift position. Please plan to work approximately 6:00am until 3:30pm Monday through Friday with some Saturdays..
- Military veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.
No job matches. Start a new search below!