for the Consultant, Economic Consulting-Energy Practice position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Consultant, Economic Consulting-Energy Practice
Houston - FTI
Title: Consultant, Economic Consulting - Energy Practice
Location: Houston, Texas
About the Company:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,400 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise. FTI Consulting was engaged to work on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Economic Consulting:
The FTI Economic Consulting practice provides law firms, corporations and government agencies with sophisticated and comprehensible analyses of complex economic issues to assist them in understanding the issues and opportunities they face. Our Economic Consulting practice is involved in a wide range of engagements related to economics, finance and accounting. We provide critical insight and expert testimony in legal and regulatory proceedings, strategic decision making and public policy debates. We also have deep expertise in antitrust issues, mergers and acquisitions, securities litigation and risk management, valuation and international arbitration.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
About the Opportunity:
The Houston Energy Group is part of FTI's Global Energy, Power & Products (EPP) practice which combines seasoned managerial and executive experience with a wide array of expert and strategic consulting services addressing our clients' commercial, financial, regulatory and legal needs. We focus on the unique challenges impacting the complex energy sector across the value chain to assist clients with disruptive commodity markets, conflicting regulatory frameworks, transformational industry restructuring, pervasive disputes and costly litigation. Our expertise covers the spectrum between the reservoir and the end user, with decades of hands-on experience in the upstream, midstream, and downstream, providing expertise and solutions in many areas such as energy regulation, energy asset valuation, chemicals and petroleum engineering.
As an entry level Consultant your responsibilities include:
- Execute on a broad range of data and analytic techniques at the direction of FTI and client
- Interpret collected information to be used by economists and case supervisors in the preparation of their expert reports and analyses.
- Research and study the business for a given project; critically dissect the strategy and develop insightful analysis
- Collaborate to provide deep business analytics and integrate findings into product deliverables
- Formulate and utilize basic data modeling as requested by supervisors.
- Effectively create, organize and maintain document lists and other methods for internal document management.
- Effectively document research and analyses to facilitate communication of progress.
- Assist team members with the authoring, preparation, and delivering of marketing and training materials for all professional levels
- Bachelor's degree in field requiring financial, analytical and qualitative research. Significant coursework in economics, finance, mathematics and statistics a plus.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience is required. Internships will be taken into consideration.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of SAS or other statistical software a plus.
- Ability to think critically, concentrate and pay close attention to detail. Excellent time and stress management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people potentially including C-level executives, and explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resources.
- Experience (including Internships) in strategy consulting, financial analysis, mergers & acquisitions, transaction services, advisory, or the oil & gas industry a plus.
No job matches. Start a new search below!