for the IT Security Consultant position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
IT Security Consultant
St. Louis - Federal Reserve Bank (FRB)
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed’s most critical functions include: promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit. The Bank strives to maintain an engaging and exciting work environment that is both inviting and collegial.
Ranked as a Top Workplace, The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis seeks an experienced, spirited, and motivated Information Security Consultant who wants to be part of an enlivening and energetic team of Information Security professionals. Our objective is to support the strategic mission and vision of the Federal Reserve System (FRS) for Information Security, which is to be “Agile, risk-focused and forward-looking to ensure sustained security and resiliency of Federal Reserve critical assets.” The Information Security Consultant would join a team that is business-focused, passionate for information security, focused on continual learning and development, and driven for results.
- Serves as leading client interface for the Information Security department with 8th District business lines; consults with clients and serves as a Subject Matter Expert regarding Information Security requirements; identifies potential organizational security risks to flow into formal risk assessment processes;
- Consults with business line clients during initial requirements gathering and design meetings for technology projects; conducts threat model to determine asset protection and risk mitigation recommendations based on a threat-driven approach;
- Gains a comprehensive and expert-level understanding and appreciation for 8th District business functions and strategic plans, business processes, technology systems and data flows in order to maximize protections for critical assets while minimizing adverse operational impact;
- Conducts technical security assessments on 8th District web applications both external and internal, including manual penetration testing, consulting with developers on results;
- Reviews internal, government, academic and commercial sources of information to anticipate new security requirements and identify advancements to best practices for protecting resources and information;
- Creates, edits and publishes technical documentation including information security reports, white papers, technical notes, implementation and configuration guides for a wide variety of audiences;
- Conducts research, determines adoption feasibility of new security technology, software, and infrastructure as well as consulting with business partners, to address security requirements;
- Represent the District on various FRS Information Security committees and work groups.
No job matches. Start a new search below!