for the Product Development Engineer III Front-End Developer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Product Development Engineer III Front-End Developer
Beaverton - DAT
DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP), is seeking a Web Development Engineer to join our Product Developmentteam in Beaverton, Oregon.
The DAT Product Development and Technology team is responsible for delivering customer solutions on multiple platforms that are responsive, scalable, and of the highest quality. We use the Agile development process, and value employees who foster collaboration between team members.
We are looking for a highly motivated Web Development Engineer who is aself-starter with excellent communications skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow development team members and project managers on a daily basis.
This person will participate in the design, development, and support of a suite of web-based transportation products. Emphasis will be placed on knowledge of and real-world experience using state-of-the-art web developmenttechnologies.
A minimum of 4 years experience in application development with a deep working knowledge of current and emerging web development standards and frameworks is required.
- Designing, and developing reliable and maintainable applications with an emphasis on front end development
- Estimating project tasks and tracking actual results
- Reporting progress and issues to technical leads and project managers
- Reviewing functional requirements and analyzing their appropriateness and impact on the software to be built to meet them
- Participating in design and code reviews
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-driven layouts, cross-browser compatibility & browser degradation strategies
- Experience with Bootstrap or other grid based front-end framework
- Ability to take mock-ups and create HTML UI/layouts
- Familiar with grid based and fluid responsive layouts
- Knowledge of preprocessors such as SCSS
- Knowledge of HTML/XHTML, DOM and EVENT specifications as well as familiarity with the emerging HTML5 standard
- Knowledge of semantic markup and accessibility techniques
- Familiar with web optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual rendering speed)
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- A passion for high quality results
- Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- Very high productivity and effective time management
- Ability to accurately estimate tasks and track personal work
- Ability to communicate accurate status to technical leads and project managers
Experience in the following technologies a plus:
- Familiar with server-side frameworks (rails, asp.net, django)
- Experience with agile and test-driven development practices, including automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration products
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Knowledge of ASP.NET and/or Node.js (both Web Forms and MVC)
Candidates must be willing and able to take full responsibility for a project or task from concept to completion with minimal supervision. They must also have a desire to collaborate, share ideas, and works towards common team/company goals.
No job matches. Start a new search below!