for the Oracle Database Administrator position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Oracle Database Administrator
Beaverton - DAT
4405 Opp DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP), is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team in Beaverton, Oregon.
This DBA will report to the Manager of Data Engineering and be directly responsible for database operations, deployment, monitoring, issue resolution and uptime of our mission-critical applications. The company relies on this role to deliver on high levels of system availability and performance that our customers need to run their businesses.
They will be responsible for collaborating with product delivery teams to plan the deployment of data resources and the successful transition into ongoing operations. Other duties include adhering to company policies and collaborating with team members.
Our platforms deal with an extraordinary amount of traffic, handling tens of millions of daily transactions. We have in big investment primarily in the Oracle databases (OLTP & Data Warehouse), as well as, Microsoft SQL Server, and Mongo. To support these, we operate a large infrastructure split between AWS, on-site and co-located data centers. We use best in class infrastructure, heavily leveraging VMware, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), Linux, and NetApp.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of all database operations including monitoring, security, configuration, clustering, backup and recovery, high availability and performance and tuning. The DBA will work with the DevOps team to deliver the optimal investment in automation, monitoring and triage tools.
- Participate in the production on-call DBA rotation.
- Responsible for the long term care and feeding of our databases addressing areas of capacity planning, licensing, patching, installations, SOX compliance and upgrades.
- Provide 24x7 technical on-call support (3rd level) for database engineering team. With minimal supervision, the candidate is capable of assessing an ambiguous, complex problem, finding a concrete solution, building a recovery plan, communicating the progress to the plan while resolving the problem.
- Actively participate in the assessment, recommendation and migration of new data management technologies such as Redshift, NoSQL or Hadoop.
- Participate on project teams with other administrators, architects and developers as we move parts of our infrastructure to cloud-based platforms.
- Establish organization-wide relationships and serve as database technical consultant.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a database administrator.
- Candidate will collaborate with key stakeholders in the design, estimation, construction and documenting of enterprise architecture solutions and systems in complex environments.
- Candidate must have experience providing architecture guidance and recommendations to internal customers for various applications environments and systems
- Candidate must have experience with database security, performance monitoring and tuning, migrations, storage and capacity planning.
- PL/SQL scripting and debugging ability.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with large-scale, high availability database solutions, clustering, and off-site disaster recovery.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Database Mirroring.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions or ecosystems, such as Mongo or Hadoop.
- Experience with hosted databases such as Redshift or Aurora.
- Experience with cloud database migrations and management.
No job matches. Start a new search below!