for the Android Software Application Developer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Android Software Application Developer
Beaverton - DAT
DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc.(NYSE: ROP), is looking for an Android Application Developer to join our Product Development Engineer Team in Beaverton Oregon.
The DAT Product Development and Technology team is responsible for delivering customer solutions on multiple platforms that are responsive, scalable, and of the highest quality. We use the Agile development process, and value employees who foster collaboration between team members.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow development team members and project managers on a daily basis. This person will participate in the architecture, design, development, and support of a suite of mobile products.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience developing applications in Android, and experience writing/consuming REST APIs.
- Designing and developing reliable and maintainable Android applications, and contributing to the development of REST APIs.
- Documenting software designs and project tasks.
- Estimating project tasks and tracking actual results.
- Reporting progress and issues to technical leads and project managers.
- Reviewing functional requirements and analyzing their appropriateness and impact on the software to be built to meet them.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Working with the team to design software that is reliable, scalable and testable.
- Championing product improvements.
- Working with Quality Assurance to forge robust, reliable, and high performance software.
- The discipline required to write good unit tests and experience doing so.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of the Android platform, and the Java language.
- Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns, and experience applying them.
- Be a platform thinker. You go beyond writing well structured code. You consider performance, scalability, reuse and readability.
- Good understanding of the tools (Android Studio, Git, etc).
- Ability to rapidly realize compelling end user application experiences with short deadlines.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile SDLC and test-driven development practices, including automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A passion for high quality results.
- Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
- Very high productivity and effective time management.
- Ability to accurately estimate tasks and track personal work.
- Ability to communicate accurate status to technical leads and project managers
Experience in the following technologies a plus
- Experience using test automation frameworks.
- Experience with JIRA or other bug tracking systems.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience with AWS hosting, and associated services.
Candidates must be willing and able to take full responsibility for a project or task from concept to completion with minimal supervision. They must also have a desire to collaborate, share ideas, and works towards common team/company goals.
No job matches. Start a new search below!