for the Business / Systems Analyst position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Business / Systems Analyst
Frederick - NVR, Inc.
NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 400,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
As a Business / Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for acting as a liaison between the NVR Technology Application Development, Architecture teams and our various business lines and partners we support for business and system requirements. As an analyst, you will work with our business units to: define business requirements and processes, validate business processes against current and proposed solutions, organize and execute user testing and participate in end user training. Strong communication, critical thinking, and marketing skills are necessary as you work closely between the NVR Technology and business teams to drive value in the solutions we deliver. This is a great position for an individual who is passionate about using technology to enable end-user success and productivity.
- Collaborate with application developers and subject matter experts to establish business and technical solution requirements in support of business line initiatives
- Develop and/or review requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution enhancements or system design
- Assist the application development and architecture teams during system design and development, i.e. providing use cases, user stories, process flow diagrams or rules
- Collaborate with the business and application development teams to create test strategies; build and execute test plans
- Write technical procedures and documentation for proposed solution enhancements and/or applications
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet evolving user requirements
- Coordinate the execution of projects to ensure they are delivered on-time, according to the specifications defined to meet the requirements of the solution
- Follow NVR Technology established Project Management Procedures, including approvals, release management, and project updates
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience or specialized training) in, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or other related area of study preferred; MBA a plus
- 5 + years of experience working in an IT environment developing requirements for enhancements and application solutions for diverse end-user groups
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical and solution requirements
- Proficient in technical writing (test scripts, functional / technical requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle for web and desktop based applications
- Technically proficient and able to understand complex software systems
- Exceptional interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with common SDLC methodologies includes Agile and Waterfall
- Homebuilding or construction experience
- Experience with configuration and implementation of a variety of end user solutions in the homebuilding, construction or architectural/engineering market space
- Microsoft .Net technology platform knowledge
- Manufacturing or architectural/engineering experience strongly preferred
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we’ll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you’ll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.
No job matches. Start a new search below!