for the Aggregate Quality Control Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Aggregate Quality Control Technician
Wharton - Tilcon New York, Inc
Job ID: 118226
“Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and the Oldcastle Materials Group.
Responsible for performing quality control testing and monitoring of crushed aggregates, recycle materials and hot mix asphalt mixtures produced at their assigned location.
Roles and Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon’s core values of Safety, Integrity, Quality
- Work safely, complying with all OSHA and MSHA regulations and Tilcon environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform quality control testing as required by State and local agencies, private, and in accordance with Tilcon procedures ensuring the highest quality material is being produced.
- Provide test data to plant manager and other pertinent plant personnel in a timely manner.
- Provide process and mix adjustment recommendations as required.
- Maintain current State agency QC/QA certifications, upholding all aspects of the quality control program staying in compliance with agency specifications.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data base and record logs.
- Support and assist internal customers (sales, construction, estimating, operations and senior management) and external customers by reviewing and providing detail information/insight on material specifications and test results as requested.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Share and implement Best Practices for efficient laboratory and plant operations.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Perform business administrative duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or 3 years+ of practical work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.E.) from four year college or university.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to work scheduled overtime and weekends and occasional night shifts.
- Available for emergency overtime when the need arises. This may include occasional weekend hours.
- Ability to travel to various job sites several times a week.
- Ability to carry out standardized laboratory tests in accordance with ASTM and AASHTO standards.
- Ability to read English language sufficiently to read information contained in specifications, reports, manuals and regulations.
- Ability to use a computer to communicate and analyze data. This includes but is not limited to the use of Outlook, MS Office programs, and web-based programs.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with other personnel.
- Ability to evaluate questions or problems effectively, seeking assistance when needed.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Tilicon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Tilicon New York Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!