for the Dump Truck Driver position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Dump Truck Driver
Stephenson - W-L Construction & Paving Inc
Postal/Zip Code: 22656
W-L Construction and Paving, an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the area. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Employee essential in the mobilization of materials between facilities, job sites, and customers.
- Commercial Drivers License Class A or B Required
- Hauling and dumping asphalt.
- Loading and unloading equipment
- Must partner with Superintendent/Project Manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Physical ability to operate equipment and to transport material under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Craftsmanship and ability to follow OSHA/MSHA safety standards.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to transport material with attention to detail and emphasis on safety.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
- Must be able to check truck for maintenance needed and report deficiencies promptly.
- Must pass drug test and criminal background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- 3 years experience preferred
What Oldcastle offers you
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- Opportunities for growth, development, and promotion
W-L Construction & Paving, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is one of the hundreds of businesses that comprise the Oldcastle family. As the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving services, Oldcastle is one of North America’s largest corporations. Oldcastle’s decentralized, diversified structure, allows employees to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or constructing roads through national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has positioned us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Through the use of various tools, including our online applicant tracking system, which allows you to view and to track your application status 24 hours a day, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc. leverages itself to recruit the most dependable, qualified and experienced job seekers in the market!
W-L Constructrion & Paving, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
W-L Construction and Paving is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
No job matches. Start a new search below!