for the Project Manager - Small Cell Network and Fiber Solutions position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Project Manager - Small Cell Network and Fiber Solutions
Miami - Crown Castle
Crown Castle provides wireless carriers with the infrastructure they need to keep people connected and businesses running. With approximately 40,000 towers and 26,500 miles of fiber supporting small cells, Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure with a significant presence in the top 100 US markets. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $44 billion.
Position Title: Project Manager - Small Cell & Fiber Solutions
Responsible for the management of all designated projects and their associated budgets and schedules, including coordinating all deliverables and requirements of the entire cross-functional project team. Ensure all projects are completed according to the underlying contract and to mutually agreed upon timelines of the customer and Crown Castle and are in accordance with Crown Castle’s policies and procedures. Ensure that the District Manager/Program Manager and customers are aware of issues that will impact timely project completion or cost, and pro-actively seek to identify and communicate any schedule and budget risks.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities, including contracting, site acquisition, RF design, product/equipment ordering, zoning, permitting regulatory, backhaul, construction, optimization, close-out, and efficiently coordinated and completed on time within budget and in accordance with the underlying contract.
- Manage all external vendors and coordinate with internal teams necessary for timely completion and within budget.
- Develop accurate project plan, scope and budget for all assigned projects, modify as needed and direct close-out of completed jobs including the receipt of all required documentation and managing scope creep.
- Lead internal and external deployment meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each job and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Travel and attend customer deployment meetings to provide customer with comprehensive job status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system, invoiced and closed with complete accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- A valid driver’s license required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of wireless project management experience or three (3) to five (5) years project management experience in any other industry
- Managing project budgets or related financial experience
- Customer-facing project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, tower maintenance and property management
- Advanced knowledge of Public and Private right of way project deployment, including regulatory and permitting processes.
- Knowledge of Crown Castle systems and tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints along with civil inside & outside plant construction methods or tower/roof top structural details.
- Ability to read and understand contracts.
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and process multiple data streams
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, generator and shelters.
Reports to: Program Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions 70% of the time. Required travel to customer meetings and project sites 30% of the time.
No job matches. Start a new search below!