for the Operations Technician position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Omaha - Flint Hills Resources, LP
Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Flint Hills Resources is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team at our Asphalt plant in Omaha, NE. As an Operations Technician you will work as part of a team to ensure the successful operation of the terminal.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Assisting with receipt, shipment and manufacturing of raw materials and asphalt products
- Conducting lab tests, inspections and upholding record keeping requirements
- Ongoing maintenance of the equipment in the facility
- Coordinating with schedulers for the successful delivery, production and receipt of finished products (by truck, rail or barge, as applicable to the terminal)
- Inputting computer data and completing duties assigned through a work management system.
- Supporting the team as you manage small projects including: product transfers, product production, mechanical troubleshooting, pump maintenance, valve maintenance, testing of system safety devices, periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping, and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to an asphalt facility.
- Using your written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with team members at the Terminal, customers and other business groups at FHR
- Critically thinking through issues and troubleshooting to find creative solutions
- Hours will vary during certain times of the year to accommodate the schedules of our customers. Candidates should be willing to work overtime when needed.
- In the event of terminal and other system "call outs", candidates must be willing and able to be available to respond within 30 minutes during an on-call rotation
- Team members must be willing to occasionally travel (with overnight stays) for training, meetings, or to assist short term at other locations.
What You Will Need:
- A valid driver's license
- Mechanical and/or electrical work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Physical ability to frequently stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, reach, handle, bend, twist, climb and balance
- Ability & willingness to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (for example: hard hat, safety glasses, fire retardant clothing, respirator, safety work boots, etc. as required)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (with frequent carrying of up to 25 pounds)
- Must be able to adequately hear alarms and other sounds which may indicate a safety concern.
- Must be able to communicate hazardous conditions and other dangers
- Must be able to work near moving mechanical parts, work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions, work in high, precarious places and work around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Must be available for on-call rotation including nights, weekends & holidays
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2+ years of construction/maintenance experience in a storage terminal
- A two-year technical or mechanical degree
- Previous work experience in a bulk storage terminal and/or pipeline operations
- Experience with loading/unloading rail cars
Want to learn more about Flint Hills Resources?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
No job matches. Start a new search below!