for the Shipping & Receiving Generalist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Shipping & Receiving Generalist
Cerritos - McNichols
McNichols Company is North America’s leading supplier and fabricator of perforated and expanded metal, wire mesh, architectural metals and a variety of grating products. Founded in 1952 by the late Robert L. McNichols, the company was established on his Christian values, high ethical standards and strong commitment to customer satisfaction. With 18 metals service centers located nationwide strategically placed from coast-to-coast, McNichols has a dedicated staff and communication network in place that can supply worldwide service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an articulate, creative and enthusiastic team player to join The Hole Team. We are looking for an associate to service our customers by performing warehouse functions including Shipping, receiving, picking, pulling, carrying to pallets, staging, shrink wrapping, loading customer requests without damage or errors and shipping of material in a safe manner.
Job Title: Shipping/Receiving Generalist
Reports to: Team Lead or Assistant Operations Manager determined by Branch
Location: Assigned Branch
- Pack and ship orders.
- Accurately receive incoming material to maintain inventory integrity.
- Safely operate forklifts and other lift equipment, handle material and load and unload LTL carriers.
- Organize material pulls for orders to maintain an efficient workflow.
- Process incoming material including inspecting and receiving POs, interbranch and vendor material, customer returns and damaged freight.
- Provide excellent customer service; answer phone, direct walk up customers to sales, and answer questions.
- Assure on time shipment of orders and communicate issues.
- Maintain high quality standards by following standardized procedures and processes.
- Follow required safety procedures, maintain employee, driver and customer safety and report any safety issues
- Order and maintain proper shipping and packing supplies including skids, strapping and labels.
- Properly tag and hold incoming LTL material or returned orders in preparation for receiving
- Call carriers to arrange order pickups.
- Use power tools such as chop saw, banders and packaging machines
- Maintain equipment by following routine preventative maintenance requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Manager
Qualifications/ Ideal candidate profile:
- Experience driving a forklift; side loader and overhead crane experience a plus
· Able to work in a physically demanding environment including working on your feet for extended periods of time, frequent stepping up and down from lifts, lifting material weighing up to 50 pounds and working in hot or cold conditions.
- Intermediate computer knowledge; capable of using ERP systems and RF scanners. Oracle/E1 experience a plus.
- Capable of following required safety procedures including OSHA standards such as lock-out/tag-out and incident reporting
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with UPS Worldship and Fed Ex shipping programs a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001:2008, 5S / Lean a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work overtime as required
The candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a determined and mature approach.
McNichols offers an extensive benefits package
No job matches. Start a new search below!