for the Quality Manager - New Product Development (NPD) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Quality Manager - New Product Development (NPD)
Mount Hope - Overhead Door Corporation
The New Product Development (NPD) Quality Manager will play a critical leadership function in the NPD process and provide strategic quality direction for the product lifecycle management/improvement process. Key business partners for this role will be the product engineering team, manufacturing and the supplier quality management team.
This position will report directly to the VP of Quality. No direct reports at this time, but due expect responsibilities to expand.
Position Location:Mt. Hope, OH - relocation dollars available.
Where to Live:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for quality activities associated with New Product Development and expand quality system tools and procedures to support NPD Tollgate Processes.
- Set corporate new product quality metrics/goals for the organization, provide performance feedback and lead corrective action activities as needed. Track product lifecycle quality performance and identify design improvement opportunities for quality improvement to deliver improved warranty performance.
- Define corporate quality system improvement strategies for New Product Development Processes and drive implementation.
- Develop and implement key new product quality system elements and tools (QFD, FMEA, Design and Process Validation/reviews, APQP, PPAP, etc) to be incorporated into NPD Tollgate Process. Train and coach team on their use.
- Provide quality leadership for Critical-To-Quality (CTQ) flowdown and specification development.
- Provide quality leadership for validation test plan development and execution (design and process validation). Revise/expand reliability test protocols to better predict long term field performance.
- Lead risk analysis activities for New Product Development programs and drive completion of appropriate mitigation.
- Provide quality leadership for design review activities and launch readiness decisions.
- Promote process capability and incorporation of Lean manufacturing concepts in process design.
- Promote analytical problem solving through sound statistical application; provide organizational training.
- Expand the quality system infrastructure using ISO/IATF principles to ensure robust, reproducible, high quality product designs and manufacturing processes.
- Ensure compliance with all government and industry standards/codes for product and process quality.
No job matches. Start a new search below!