for the RCP III NICU Full Time Variable position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
RCP III NICU Full Time Variable
Apple Valley - St. Mary Medical Center
Provides Respiratory Therapy in all non-critical areas and all adult critical care areas of the hospital, including NICU . Performs Complete and bedside Pulmonary Function Testing as ordered by the Medical Staff of St. Mary Medical Center. Such procedures include, but are not limited to, the following: mechanical ventilation (including BIPAP), oxygen therapy, complete patient assessments, comprehensive patient assessments (TDP), chest physiotherapy, coughing and breathing exercises, aerosol therapy, end-tidal CO2 monitoring, TCOM monitoring, CPR, administration of aerosolized medications and therapeutic gases. Draws, analyzes, and interprets blood gases. Performs quality control and maintenance on blood gas and co-oximetry instruments. The RCP III exercises independent judgement, makes Respiratory Care decisions and takes action based on the knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Supervises Respiratory Care Students patient care delivery and RCP I, RCP II staff.
NICU Position Summary:
Mechanical ventilation (including cpap) oxygen therapy, oxyhood, chest physiotherapy, end-tidal C02 monitoring, Tcom monitoring, CPR, administration of aerosolized medications and therapeutic gases. Attends all high risk deliveries, attends all c-section, pulse oximetry monitoring. Administers surfactant therapy, intubation assist. Draws, analyzes, and interprets blood gases.
Reports appropriately through the chain of command.
Essential Values-Based Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by management employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System (see attached behavioral definitions of competencies):
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations as guided in our Standards of Behavior. Models and upholds our core values.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business/job specific knowledge.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
- Graduated from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience as a Licensed Respiratory Therapist. Combined with a background in physiology and pharmacology.
- Completion of competencies of a RCP I and II by evidence of signed acknowledgment by the Director and/or Supervisor of Respiratory Care
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner by State of California by evidence of Primary Source Verification R00047
- Basis Life Support For Healthcare Provider (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Department Orientation Program within 30 days of hire – D00045
- Unit Specific competency within 90 days of hire – U00004
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Respiratory Therapy Procedures
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot all Respiratory Therapy equipment
- Organizational skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (copier, fax, personal computer and printer)
No job matches. Start a new search below!