for the Supervisor, Respiratory Therapy - Full Time Nights position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Supervisor, Respiratory Therapy - Full Time Nights
Apple Valley - St. Mary Medical Center
Provides Respiratory Therapy in all non-critical areas and all critical care area’s (NICU, ICU, ER, PACU, OR, Cath Lab) of the hospital, as well as performs Complete Pulmonary Function Testing as ordered by the Medical Staff of St. Mary Medical Center. The Respiratory Interim Supervisor exercises independent judgments, makes Respiratory Care decisions and takes action based on the knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assists the Department Director in overseeing the daily operation of the department with accountability for leadership, , staffing, planning, organizing and controlling, and taking call for the unit in the absence of the Director. The Interim Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Respiratory Director in JCAHO Preparations, chart auditing, attending meetings, and participating on various Function Teams and/or Committees, participating in staff and patient rounding’s, and education of staff members. The Respiratory Interim Supervisor will assist in the Arterial Blood Gas Lab in maintaining/troubleshooting of analyzers and assuring any and all studies pertinent to the Lab are conducted and completed in a timely manner. Assists the Department Director in recruiting and mentoring Respiratory Therapists in order to reduce and eliminate the use of outside contract staff. Role models proactive, collaborative working relationships across all hospital functions in an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.. The Interim Supervisor will assist with standards of care within the department and arterial blood gas lab to ensure patient’s Respiratory Care needs are assessed, evaluated and met. Supervises Respiratory Staff and reports directly to the Director of Respiratory Care.
Essential Values-Based Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by management employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System (see attached behavioral definitions of competencies):
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations as guided in our Standards of Behavior. Models and upholds our core values.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business/job specific knowledge.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Education program with a certificate of Completion or diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in Respiratory Therapy Combined with a background in physiology and pharmacology
- Minimum of 3 years Team Leader / Charge experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of theory and techniques within scope of practice. Extensive knowledge of Respiratory Therapy Procedures
- Current California RCP License
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Unit specific competencies due within 30 days of hire – U00004
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to specific issues and data reflective of patient’s status. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide for the primary population of patients served in the department.
No job matches. Start a new search below!