for the Associate R-D Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Associate R-D Engineer
North Haven - Medtronic
ASSOCIATE R&D ENGINEER
Careers that Change Lives
Help streamline and speed our time to market and build quality in at every step. You will be a member of the new product development team that supports the design and development of innovative, new products within the Surgical Innovation business. You can apply advanced technical concepts to complex problems from concept generation through early phase development.
Surgical Innovation sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
The Associate R&D Engineer will be primarily supporting early stage development and maintenance of business projects (MOB) across the surgical stapling platform. Individual will develop and refine analytical test methods for competitive and internal comparative product analyses, write technical documents (requirements, specifications, test protocols, test reports, root-cause analysis) test prototypes and present results. Assist with the assessment of potential product development efforts. Collect and organize market research findings regarding customer needs and cutting-edge technologies. In addition, this individual will collaborate with a cross-functional team for product development efforts.
- Planning and experimental execution; oversee and progress multiple high priority projects concurrently
- Interface effectively with both technical and non-technical partners
- Create comprehensive test plans, analyses and technical summaries
- Perform competitive product evaluations
- Utilize basic and advanced statistical and data analysis methods
- Collect and analyze technical data and writes technical summary reports
- Adhere to all safety policy procedures
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- BS in mechanical / biomedical engineering / electrical engineer
- BS + 1-2 years related experience
- Basic understanding of medical device industry
- Basic proficiency in anatomy and physiology, practical surgical experience a plus
- Medical terminology and medical device experience highly desirable
- High aptitude for mechanical and electrical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a publication track record
- Computer: MS office, statistical software, CAD software a plus
- Basic understanding of product design and development
- Team player, collaborative mindset
- High attention to detail
Nice to Have
- MS in mechanical / biomedical engineering / electrical engineer
Organizational/ Relationship Scope:
- Reports to Engineering Manager
- Works cross-functionally throughout R&D department with VPs, directors, project managers, research scientists and engineers, pre-clinical and clinical, sales and marketing and legal
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
No job matches. Start a new search below!