for the Territory Manager, MCS position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Territory Manager, MCS
Charlotte - Medtronic
The Territory Manager demonstrates quality in all actions; Responsible for all aspects of account: revenue, revenue growth, customer support and satisfaction within the assigned geography. The Territory Manager is responsible for organizing and executing the necessary activities and resources required for developing and growing Medtronic's HeartWare HVAD business within assigned accounts. The Territory Manager works collaboratively with the Clinical Specialist Team, Marketing Team and Customer Service Team. This position requires extensive travel.
Trains and educates investigators/customers on proper use of Medtronic's HeartWare Ventricular Assist Device (HVAD) product and technology. Works with surgeons, nurses, research coordinators, cardiologists and other hospital personnel to facilitate optimal outcomes during implant, post-operative care and long-term use of the HVAD system. Supports Field Sales on providing the best possible outcomes and service for our customers. Works closely with Sales team and Director of International Sales, provides case support to wider team when required. Will partner with CMO on case analysis, trouble shooting and clinical trial support. Collaborates with Marketing/Product Management, Engineering and Clinical Affairs on key projects and initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Promote safe and efficacious use of HVAD system within approved sites
- Provides technical support, information and demonstration of HVAD system to clinicians and hospital professionals
- Consults with physicians and site study coordinator on preoperative and post-operative related issues
- Work in collaboration with Clinical Specialist Team to ensure 'Optimal Clinical Outcomes'
- Attend various trade shows to support promotional and educational activities
- Coordinate/participates in planned customer education programs
- Assists Marketing in developing training and educational activities
- Point of contact for hospital personnel to include, physicians and VAD coordinators for anything HVAD related
- Materials management contact for ordering/billing and device return procedures
- Work with Marketing and implanting and non-implanting site to increase enrollment
- Develop and nurture relationships with study Primary Investigators (PI's), their partners, office personnel and support staff
- Support all aspects of MDT HeartWare business at assigned implanting and non-implanting study sites
- Maintain contact with customers to evaluate their clinical and educational needs
- Performs on-site surgical training and clinical support for the HeartWare Ventricular Assist Device (HVAD) product and technology
- Develop and execute clinical education programs designed to enhance user competencies
- Cultivates close relationship with strategic clinical partners (Key Opinion Leaders), including all training centers and their support staff (VAD coordinators, cardiologist, perfusionsist, anesthesiologist)
- Contributes to objectives and programs for the development and clinical support of the Company's products
- Provides nursing and/or medical expertise in the development, implementation, case reports, journal articles and clinical reports from clinicians
- Represents Medtronic HeartWare at conferences and symposiums
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to establish priorities for the Company direction, new product development, and customer satisfaction
- Advises management of any and all situations affecting clinical results
Required Education/ Experience
- BA/BS degree in relevant field of study required such as Nursing, Biomedical Science, Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of medical device sales within cardiac surgery, interventional cardiology or endovascular surgery
- Demonstrated cardiac operating theatre and/or cath lab experience
- MBA preferred
- Clinical trial experience with medical devices is a bonus
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Highly motivated, great desire to help others
- Composed under stress and well organized
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and listening skills
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- Strategic planning skills; ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Ability to build strong relationships with key physicians, users and employees across functions and at all levels
- Demonstrates highest degree of integrity
- Willingness to travel up to 60% is required
- Ability to work independently; while at the same time playing an active team role
- Presentation skills, able to introduce new technologies and therapies within a clinical trial setting
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate clinical education methodologies and assessment instruments
- Working knowledge of conflict resolution and the mediation principles and techniques
Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http :// www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
No job matches. Start a new search below!