for the Product Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Boulder - Medtronic
Careers that Change Lives
Help streamline and speed our time to market and build quality in at every step. You will be a member of the new product development team that supports the design and development of innovative, new products within the Surgical Innovations business. You can apply advanced technical concepts to complex problems from concept generation through early phase development.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) Test Software Development Engineer is a member of cross functional New Product Development teams from technology development to product launch. This position will support the design, development and validation of Non Product Software (NPS) that is used in manufacturing assembly and test equipment. These activities will contribute to new best-in-class manufacturability, testability, and serviceability for Surgical Solutions products.
- Work as a team member following best practices for the validation and verification of NPS.
- Develop and demonstrate techniques for the modularization of software based systems for the purpose of reducing time in revalidation efforts.
- Be a contributing software development engineer in the creation of automated test systems.
- Help in the definition and creation of techniques for software regression testing.
- Contribute to code and design reviews of NPS.
- Contribute to the development of manufacturing test strategy, test methodology, and test platforms for future Covidien products.
- Contribute to manufacturing process development and validation in compliance with company policies and procedures including the creation and execution of IQ/OQ/PQ protocols.
- Develop and execute engineering verification and validation protocols for software controlled systems.
- Stay abreast of advances in LabView and TestStand releases, NI hardware offerings and other technologies related to manufacturing test.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in software development
- Demonstrated ability in the design, development and verification of software systems based on National Instrument's LabView and TestStand development languages
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with embedded systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to use all Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
Nice to Have
- Medical Device experience, QSR experience, and familiarity with change control processes in a regulated environment
- Experience with the Validation of software in a regulated industry
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Design of automated software controlled test equipment
- Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) and/or Certified TestStand Developer (CTD)
- SQL experience
- C, C++, and/or C# experience
- Visual Basic experience
- Experience with Six-Sigma tools and the application thereof
- Demonstrated experience with application of principles of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Familiarity with Agile XP or Scrum software development methods and practices
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
No job matches. Start a new search below!