for the Principal Systems Engineer position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Principal Systems Engineer
Mesa - Merz North America
The Principal Systems Engineerwill work closely with product marketing, program and project management as well as supporting functional groups such as clinical, quality, regulatory and operations on current and future Ulthera platforms as well advanced development topics. In addition to collaborating with other functional groups, the principal systems engineer must establish a clear vision and roadmap for the features through requirements writing as well as work with other engineering groups such as electrical, mechanical, and software engineering to define acceptable solutions for customer requirements.
Write system requirements necessary to satisfy customer needs as well as system architecture documents.
Develop system technical vision, solutions and present progress to senior management.
Lead design engineers to possible technical solutions and when necessary designing, assembling, and evaluating proposed solution.
Innovate and create novel solutions to establish intellectual property protection.
Deliver technical solutions on-time, in-scope and on-budget.
Collaborate and problem solve with other functional groups to determine solution with optimal risk and reward profile.
Interview customers with product marketing to identify technical solutions which satisfy business, clinic and patient needs.
Jointly create a product roadmap with marketing.
Identify possible design partners and critical subject matter expertise necessary to accomplish product vision.
- Skilled at Solidworks or other mechanical design software
- Prior experience working as a technical lead and systems engineer in a highly regulated industry
- Proven experienceof releasing innovative products which require electrical, mechanical and software engineering disciplines.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as problem solving skills required.
- Ability to write system requirements which traces to user requirements and necessary to guide design
- Demonstrated problem solver as well as ability to identify and show unique and innovative solutions
- Ability to use scientific computing languages such as Matlab, LabView, Python, C++
- Familiarity in using FEM tools (e.g. ANSYS) to solve mechanical problems
- Knowledge completing tolerance analysis in design
- Design optimization for performance, COGs, reliability, time-to-market
- Knowledge of design controls (e.g. 21 CFR 820:30)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence others to meet project objectives
- Prior experience in design of electrical-mechanical systems or devices
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
No job matches. Start a new search below!