for the Director of Front Office position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Director of Front Office
Lake Geneva - The Marcus Corporation
Responsible for the long-term direction of the front desk, PBX, VIP services, valet, bell desk and transportation services for the Grand Geneva main lodge and Holiday Inn Club Vacation. Coordinating the policies and procedures of the department making the flow of information through the different departments smoother and more efficient
- Maintain a complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Provide budgets/forecasting numbers accurately and on time when requested by Director of Rooms and/or General Manager.
- Track all group billing by date, person settling account, group code, and room charge total for each group settled
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest/owner relations at all times
- Resolve guest/owner complaints, ensuring guest/owner satisfaction
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of
o All hotel features/services, hours of operations
o All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and locations
o All room rates, special packages and promotions
o Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures
o Room availability status and rate for any given day
o All hotel departmental policies and procedures
- Access all functions in the SMS (Springer Miller System), HotSOS, Rex and Spa Soft.
- Ensure current information on rates, packages and promotions is available to the front desk and room reservations.
- Review future group requests and how they may affect the front desk. Prepare the Front Desk for these events.
- Assign work duties to staff
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel to include front desk staff.
- Monitor group VIP's and verify that they are registered and treated in accordance with hotel standards.
- Monitor arrival/event patterns and work closely with front desk scheduling to verify that the desk is appropriately staffed
- Monitor group early arrival requests to verify that they are given the first available clean room
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to the guests
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations
- Ensure the security of guest room access
- Review all group no-shows, verify and ensure billing of such
- Anticipate sold-out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Handle overbooked or 'walked' guests
- Review all resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and check-in/pre-registration procedures
- Coordinate delivery time of amenities with room service, ensuring timely delivery
- Review requests for late checkouts and approve according to occupancy. Communicate all late checkouts to housekeeping
- Conduct a formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation for new trainees. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Contact engineering directly for urgent repairs
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties
- Manage night audit staff to ensure accurate and timely reporting on the hotels daily financial information to corporate office.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or related field.
- Must have previous experience as a FOM/Director of Front Office.
- Previous experience in property of similar size and quality preferred.
- Experience with both Springer Miller and Opera desired.
- Knowledge of the PMS System, Microsoft Systems.
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills necessary.
- Able to work independently, has good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Service oriented.
- Good oral and written communication towards guests, supervisors, peers, and/or subordinates.
- Able to guide, direct, and motivate subordinates.
This position reports to the Director of Rooms.
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
No job matches. Start a new search below!