for the Staff RN - South Telemetry - Full Time Nights position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Staff RN - South Telemetry - Full Time Nights
Apple Valley - St. Mary Medical Center
Within the identified roles of Practitioner, Teacher and Leader, the staff Registered Nurse provides collaborative and comprehensive care based on patient and/or family needs. The staff Registered Nurse implements and evaluates care delivery based on predicted outcomes while anticipating potential responses provides assessment, treatment and care throughout the hospital and outlying clinics. The staff Registered Nurse will practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies. Consistently demonstrates behaviors that model the SJHS Core Value’s and the hospitals mission statement. The Staff Registered Nurse works independently under limited supervision directly reporting to the Unit/Department Supervisor, Director of Assistant Vice President.
Essential Values-Based Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by management employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System (see attached behavioral definitions of competencies):
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations as guided in our Standards of Behavior. Models and upholds our core values.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business/job specific knowledge.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or required work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in a hospital environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (copier, fax, personal computer, printer, telephone, nurse call system).
- Basic knowledge of nursing procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic nursing and unit specific equipment.
- Demonstrates competencies in IV initiation and management
- Current California Registered Nurse License by evidence of Primary Source Verification R00020.
- Current BLS B00010 and other certifications and training as specific to unit requirements
No job matches. Start a new search below!