for the Pharmacy Technician - On Call position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Pharmacy Technician - On Call
Apple Valley - St. Mary Medical Center
Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the clinical pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in all phases of the department operation that the pharmacy technician can legally perform, including profiling, data collection and clerical duties as well as the duties of the central pharmacy technician when needed; works collaboratively with decentralized clinical pharmacy staff to improve patient care; accurately enter medication orders into Pharmacy Patient Profiling system for verification by a pharmacist.
Essential Values-Based Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by management employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System (see attached behavioral definitions of competencies):
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations as guided in our Standards of Behavior. Models and upholds our core values.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business/job specific knowledge.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 2 years of pharmacy experience
License / Certification
- Current California Registered Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of responsibilities of a pharmacist and limits of pharmacy technician activities.
- Knowledge of proper aseptic technique.
- Must possess basic typing skills and have experience working with computers.
- Knowledge of basic drug terminology and pharmaceutical calculations.
No job matches. Start a new search below!