for the Purchasing Agent I position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Purchasing Agent I
Valley City - MTD Products Inc
Manages the overall sourcing activities around development projects and engineering change orders in support of Supply Management goals and objectives.
Specific to the Position:
Ability to process large volume of parts and projects.
Must be extremely organized.
Knowledge of engineering drawings and tolerances a plus.
- Executes all purchasing related activities of product development as assigned within the specified commodities.
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and plants in conjunction with the efforts of the Value Stream Management group.
- Identifies any gaps within the existing supply base relative to future product development. Communicate the need to the Commodity Manager so that development work can be completed in time to support project.
- Brings approved suppliers into development projects to support new product development.
- Maintains close relationships with suppliers and take a proactive approach in interfacing with them to resolve issues.
- Negotiates all pricing for all permanently outsourced materials and/or parts in accordance with target costs and departmental goals.
- Supports cross-functional team initiatives around total cost improvements and supply vulnerability reductions.
- Performs all purchasing activities in accordance with current company policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Applications
- AS400/Mapics knowledge preferred
- High degree of creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness in order to provide win-win resolutions
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts practices and procedures of Supply Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/related field or equivalent experience
- 0-3 Years professional Purchasing experience
- Willingness to travel as needed
MTD was founded over 80 years ago. Headquartered in Valley City near Cleveland, Ohio, our passion has led MTD to be a worldwide leader of outdoor power equipment with facilities in Europe, Israel, North America, Asia and Australia producing equipment for both residential and commercial markets. We also provide distribution of our products throughout South America.
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
No job matches. Start a new search below!