for the Plant Supervisor position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Dallas - Smurfit Kappa North America LLC
At Smurfit Kappa, we open up opportunities with forward-thinking customers by relentlessly applying our experience, expertise and ingenuity.
Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world, with around 45,000 employees in approximately 370 production sites across 34 countries and with sales revenue of €8.1 bn in 2015. Smurfit Kappa’s worldwide headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland and has regional headquarters in Amsterdam (Europe) and Miami (the Americas).
Smurfit Kappa North America is part of the Smurfit Kappa Group and is a leading integrated paperboard and paper-based packaging manufacturer with multiple facilities in the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico with approximately 4,000 employees in this region.
With our pro-active team we relentlessly use our extensive experience and expertise, supported by our scale, to open up opportunities for our customers.
We collaborate with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights in packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets.
We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-packaging solutions, which is constantly updated with our market-leading innovations.
This is enhanced through the benefits of our integration, with optimal paper design, logistics, timeliness of service, and our packaging plants sourcing most of their raw materials from our own paper mills. Our products, which are 100% renewable and produced sustainably, improve the environmental footprint of our customers.
Are you ready to Open the Future?
Visit our website at www.smurfitkappa.com and visit our microsite at www.openthefuture.info
View our video on You Tube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXoyoGxOVk
The Smurfit Kappa North American Recycling Division is seeking a Plant Supervisor for the Dallas, Texas Recycling Facility.
The Plant Supervisor will assist the Recycling Plant GM with the management of a waste paper recycling center. With the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution, the Plant Supervisor will comply with all mill quality standards, plant receiving standards, OSHA compliance, and environmental policies & procedures. This position will provide effective communication to senior management in both written and verbal communications.
Smurfit Kappa North America Recycling Division offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits for the right candidate.
- Self-Motivated individual with the ability to multitask.
- Must have excellent communication skills & the ability to positively influence others.
- Previous supervisory experience in a fast-paced production environment.
- Must have the ability to flex hours as business needs dictate.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be an experienced equipment operator.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- College degree preferred.
This supervisor position reports into the Recycling Plant GM and will assist in a large scale commercial waste paper recycling operation. The position will manage the day-to-day administration of the plant including, but not limited to, hiring/training employees, safety training, maintenance of all equipment, and purchasing. Additionally, this position will also oversee and manage all inbound/outbound trucking operations and will serve as customer service and point of contact.
- Enjoy challenges and opportunities to use your knowledge, skills and experience to support the strategic direction of the Company in a fast paced environment
- Are a change agent that wants to make a huge impact and add value to our Company’s initiatives
- Understand the value of integrity in all business relationships
- Want to join a “family” atmosphere and work with an amazing group of people
- Enjoy learning and growing within a “family” atmosphere and creating a career with a great company
- Are willing to relocate to where you can make a difference
…then you just might be the right candidate for this opportunity!
If you are ready to take the challenge, please apply below.
Smurfit Kappa North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!