for the Process Engineering Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Process Engineering Manager
Zachary - Georgia-Pacific
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider a Process Engineering Manager opportunity to join the Integrated Pulp and Paper and Consumer Products manufacturing segment within our Port Hudson Operation located in the Baton Rouge, LA area. The individual in this role will be responsible for the guidance and development of their direct reports in the following areas: complete engineering calculations, mass and energy balances and process equipment design; estimate costs and personnel and material needs, preparing proposals and establishing completion dates; write specifications for equipment and systems and work with vendors to purchase process equipment; support operational areas through optimization of processes to reduce waste, improve efficiencies and throughput. Identify and prioritize value creation opportunities throughout the mill.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Lead Mill Improvement Process reducing manufacturing costs by $4MM per year: optimize and continuously improve throughput and reduce waste in each production area including identifying and closing gaps with sustainability programs addressing people, process, and equipment.
- Support an environment where the team achieves Health, Safety, and Environmental Excellence
- Skills in statistical analysis and data collection
- Process simulation software usage experience (Gatecycle, ASPEN, WinGEMS, Prospector, SlipStream, etc.) and experience in developing utility, mass and energy balances using an array of analytical techniques and calculation methods
- Assist in executing Georgia-Pacific’s Operations Excellence reliability and asset strategy improvement for technology centers across the site.
- Provide technical assistance and seek, share, and transfer knowledge
- Identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Develop front end engineering scope of work and financial analysis for capital and expense projects
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Technology, or Pulp and Paper Science
- 5 or more years of process engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- 3 or more years of experience as a supervisor with responsibility for direct reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in Chemical Engineer or Pulp and Paper Science
- Previous experience within a pulp and paper operation
- Previous experience with process simulation software such as Gatecycle, ASPEN, WinGEMS, Prospector, and SlipStream.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
No job matches. Start a new search below!