for the Laboratory Technician Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Laboratory Technician Specialist
Novi - Toyota Boshoku America Inc
General Summary: Responsible for the evaluation of automotive interior products based on design and custom requirements and performance criteria. Manage designated area of internal laboratory ensuring equipment and materials are maintained ready for use, including integration of new equipment and material resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interpret customer and regulation specifications and apply engineering know how for the set-up and performance of mechanical and material evaluations of product components and assemblies. Produce objective technical data supporting evaluation performance.
- Provide technical judgement, advice and opinion towards evaluation results, and design of special evaluations for finding root cause of product field issues.
- Manage equipment calibrations and in-service checks on laboratory equipment tools and systems, including managing outside suppliers as needed.
- Lead problem solving for laboratory process or material problem breakdown, root cause and countermeasure activity.
- Write internal process work instructions, laboratory equipment use instructions, and create forms compliant to ISO/IEC-17025 quality management.
- Manage outside suppliers initiating and following through with laboratory equipment preventative maintenance & services.
- Work in-house, at other Toyota Boshoku global technical centers and at customer locations conducting technical support, benchmarking, training, and/or acting as a liaison back to TBA Evaluation group.
- Manage general laboratory supplies and critical consumable inventories.
- Design & complete fabrication assignments including material cutting, grinding and welding.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Entry to 4 years of experience supporting engineering and automotive testing, or other relevant experience required.
- Effective task management and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Basic mechanical drawing and dimensioning skills.
- Basic fabrication skills (material grinding/cutting/welding)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office documents creation and editing.
Office: Open office environment, moderate noise level.
Laboratory/Plant: Light industrial laboratory, assembly plant, fabrication environments.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time; and may be occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.
No job matches. Start a new search below!