for the Corporate Trade Compliance Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Corporate Trade Compliance Specialist
Erlanger - Toyota Boshoku America Inc
General Summary: Responsible, as part of trade compliance team, for ensuring import/export compliance, including, but not limited to, tariff classification, valuation, free trade agreements, country of origin, record keeping and overall export compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- FTA solicitation, qualification and certificate issuance.
- Create, implement and review Standard Operating Procedures for customs brokers/freight forwarders.
- Determine classification of imported items under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and/or Schedule B.
- Work with sourcing/supply chain personnel in the areas of import and export shipping.
- Provide daily import/export operational guidance to other functional areas.
- Customs broker relationship management.
- Manage various import/export related databases.
- Identify potential duty savings opportunities.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs related to import/export operations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending internal/external educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Manage Post-Entry Review process.
- Maintain records as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in trade compliance.
- Extensive background in HTS classification and NAFTA.
- Knowledge of US customs regulations.
- Knowledge of export control regulations.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data and supply chain-related processes.
- Proven ability to interface with cross-functional teams and at all levels within the organization.
- Solid organizational and time/project management skills.
- Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Spanish, Portuguese and/or Japanese is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Outlook, Internet, Oracle, etc.).
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE ( Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
T ravel: Up to 25%
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.
No job matches. Start a new search below!