for the IT COORDINATOR I position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
IT COORDINATOR I
Stockton - Granite Construction Incorporated
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
Coordinates, diagnoses, and troubleshoots incoming employee IT service requests. Provides support services to employees with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access.
Provides ongoing local network support for the business unit including the main office, plants, satellite offices, and job site locations to ensure workforce efficiency and productivity. Provides timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel. Provides case
status updates to management and end-users. Supports and maintains effective relationships with end users, local business management, and Corporate IT Staff. Develops information technology projects and provides strategic management and objectives for the business unit. Follows standard operating
procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Handle incoming IT Service Desk support calls to ensure computer users’ inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
2. Resolve local network and communication issues to maintain operational readiness.
3. Maintain and support local Cisco VoIP telephones and related equipment.
4. Assist in the maintenance of the local Active Directory OU, installation and configuration of the local
network applications, servers, file shares, network services and associated objects in accordance with company policies and procedures.
5. Assist in the development and maintenance of business unit IT documentation to enable consistent standards and operating procedures.
6. Assist in the testing of the local Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans to ensure minimum downtime in the event of a disaster.
7. Assist in coordinating the acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT equipment in compliance with corporate standards.
8. Assist in the maintenance of hardware inventory, licensing and asset rotation consistent with company policies and procedures.
9. Assist with the design, installation, requirement gathering, and maintenance of IT resources for acquisitions, large projects and joint ventures to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
10. Support business applications to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
11. Resolve PC hardware/software problems to minimize down time and meet SLA requirements.
12. Assist Business Unit management in determining future IT needs at the location, enterprise initiatives, budgets, forecasts, licensing and asset rotation to ensure profitability and alignment with Company goals and objectives.
13. Maintain open communication with Group IT Manager and local Business Manager to ensure effective problem resolution and establishment of priorities.
*This job description reflects essential functions of this position. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
No job matches. Start a new search below!