for the Program Manager position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Dallas - DRS Technologies
DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com
DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, Texas and Melbourne, Florida. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Developing Talent and Culture at a World Class Defense Company.
Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements for both commercial products as well as government contracts and sub-contracts to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. “Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)” Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing products, contracts and bid and proposal activities.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: Engineering or business degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
- Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
- Solid leadership and management skills, particularly “influence management” and “conflict resolution”
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
- Successful track record in managing complex aerospace/defense programs as a prime or sub contractor to a domestic or foreign military organization
- Excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
- Must have a portfolio of programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved
- Program Management preferred (i.e. PMP or DAU level 3)
- Prefer experience with turnaround programs in which recovery was successful
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met
- Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities
- Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Insure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals
- Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
- Represent management at program reviews, meetings, seminars, etc.
- Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis
- Formally identifies, assesses, monitors and mitigates risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
- Perform variance analyses of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e. earned value management system)
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer. Coordinate with Contracts Administration on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations)
- Provide leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Manage inventory effectively
- Manage Internal Research and Development projects
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- May manage other Program Managers
- Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators
- Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
- Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e. developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
- Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e. Lean Six Sigma)
- Understand cash flow management principles
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
No job matches. Start a new search below!