for the Charge Nurse - Medical Telemetry - Full Time, Nights, 12 Hr (Mission Viejo) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Charge Nurse - Medical Telemetry - Full Time, Nights, 12 Hr (Mission Viejo)
Mission Viejo - Mission Hospital Reg Med Ctr
At Mission Hospital, providing compassionate care to patients and their families is a sacred responsibility. That is why we seek those who share our passion for treating the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
Under the direction of the nurse manager, the Charge Nurse provides an optimal practice environment and assists the nurse manager in overseeing and directing unit activities and personnel in order to ensure high quality patient care. Plans, organizes, controls and coordinates the department activities for a shift ensuring high quality patient care and efficient, cost effective service. Consistently demonstrates behaviors that model the SJHS core values and the Hospital Mission Statement. Adheres to the ANA Nursing Administration: Scope and Standards of Practice.
Our Medical Telemetry RNs provide nursing care to patients in Mission Hospital on our Mission Viejo Campus. This floor has 36 beds and is an acute care unit managing patient with general medical conditions that may require telemetry monitoring.
- BSN or MSN upon hire
- Previous Charge Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse experience.
- Two (2) years recent clinical experience in specialty area.
- Current CA RN license
- Current BLS, and ACLS
- National Certification in specialty area and/or Professional Certification in Nursing Administration or Management, as approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Magnet. Professional Certification in specialty area, as approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Magnet required upon hire; if promoted into the role, employees have 12 months after exam eligibility to obtain the certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications
- Masters of Science in Nursing.
- Previous leadership experience.
- 2nd Professional Certification in Nursing Administration or management, as approved by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Magnet.
No job matches. Start a new search below!