for the Purchasing Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Orange - Alignment Healthcare USA, LLC
Under the general direction of the Facilities Director, the Purchasing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Purchasing & Facilities Departments. Duties include but not limited to; the procurement of all corporate and satellite office supplies, printed materials, promotional items & services, assist with the company’s business continuity planning, the bid preparation for all procured goods and services, coordinating and tracking of all purchase orders, leases, properly maintain all furniture, fixtures and equipment inventories.
Must perform all required functions with minimum supervision.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with Alignment Healthcare policies and procedures as well as all state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the procurement of all goods and services related to the daily operation of the corporate office and all satellite locations.
- Prepare bids for the procurement of all printing supplies, office supplies, promotional items, services, etc…
- Assist in the continuing development of the company’s business continuity planning
- Receive and review invoices pertaining to procurement, facilities support and repair services.
- Check invoices for accuracy and compliance with contracts and service orders. Research discrepancies and questionable invoices to conclusion.
- Update and maintain centralized procurement files, including vendor files, blueprint files, leases, etc…
- Maintain electronic storage records to include storage location, item description, storage date, lease expiration date (if applicable), price, and cost center.
- Maintain electronic records on recurring monthly services.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with special projects, special events, etc...
- Demonstrate the ability to take appropriate action when needed and follow tasks through to completion.
- Recognize and analyze the implications of new situations and develops workable solutions to maintain productivity and morale.
- Act as a role model in demonstrating the customer service standards of the department as well as the organization.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years procurement experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Paramount Technologies Procurement System.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have strong organization skills, the ability to prioritize and complete assignments.
- Able to exercise discretion, good judgment and handle matters of confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years college education or equivalent work experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating procedures and procurement manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Advanced skills required, mastery of word processing and data entry, and the willingness to augment knowledge with ongoing classes.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute and file systematically.
- Shorthand or equivalent and ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Demonstrates accuracy, consistency, and promptness.
- Is attentive to detail, tactful in all dealings with the public and co-workers, and demonstrates good judgment in assessing situations and choosing the proper course of action.
- Consistently demonstrates thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and composition in the preparation of correspondence, reports and statements.
- Works well with others and relates well to people at all levels.
- Accepts constructive criticism well.
- Always willing to adjust personal schedule to respond to department’s needs.
- Consistently works in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and adapt to changes in the department.
- Regularly reviews office procedures and implements revisions as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
No job matches. Start a new search below!