for the Sanitation A position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sacramento - Blue Diamond Growers
In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:
- To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
- To communicate directly and honestly; and
- To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other – the word “family” is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California – the state that provides over 80% of the world’s almond supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1 billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. And our work style is still team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamond’s unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
You’ll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Position Title: Sanitation A
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type (Full time/Part Time): Full Time
Travel Required: None
This position requires the sanitation of the food processing equipment, floors, walls and related facilities to maintain the plant in accordance to food safety practices. Work consists of routine tasks requiring identification of problems and everyday decision-making .
- Cleans and sanitizes food processing equipment, floors, walls and related facilities.
- Employees will be responsible to operate, conduct routine service and maintenance, and assemble and disassemble machines and/or production equipment, i.e. sweepers, scrubbers, power mowers.
- Mechanically removes and replaces components of processing equipment for cleaning purposes.
- Operates sweepers, scrubbers, pressure washers and other janitorial type equipment.
- May be required to apply pesticides and maintain cleanliness outside the food manufacturing areas.
- Mix and use chemicals related to cleaning and sanitizing equipment.
- Maintains records, files, and processes single documents.
- May order materials, record expenditures, and prepare reports as directed.
- Must understand and adhere to Blue Diamond HACCP processes, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) and safety practices. Works under general supervision and work is spot-checked.
- Proceeds with duties by following several standardized procedures and may refer to supervisor if problems arise.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have High School Diploma, basic math skills.
- 6 months previous work experience in a sanitation or janitorial position.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interface with drivers, customers and guests at Blue Diamond.
- Ascend and descend multiple level equipment and work from elevated locations. Ability to climb ladders and cross high catwalks. Be able to walk plant areas and lift up to 50lbs.
- Overtime as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position.
- Must be able to read and interpret company policies and instructions.
- Must meet output standards and meet schedules and deadlines as assigned.
- Must be knowledgeable and recognize crisis management alarms (fire, intrusion, machinery malfunction) and follow-up actions.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Basic computer and math skills are desired.
- Must have High School Diploma.
Blue Diamond promotes a safe and healthy work environment, and in doing so, we will perform background and drug tests for each candidate who accepts a position with our team.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!